Saturday, May 10, 2008

TURKEY SEASON 2008


In the last three year's l've started my four day turkey hunt with the bow.

But, always had no luck, Just hens coming into my decoy or the Toms would stay a distance away for my bow. So this year my strategy was to take a bird first with my shotgun, then use the bow. It payed off the first day. I took a nice jake.

The next three days with the bow I was back to the same routine, Just hens at the decoy and Toms a distance away. Also the rain was a factor again, Maybe even the Toms just don't like me with my bow. Oh well, still had a great time with the Just Us Hunting crew.

Good meals and lots of new and old stories told. Looking forward to next year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Garry, I'm leaving Monday to try my luck, will probably do the same, get my first with the shotgun than switch to the bow.
Rsteep

SimplyOutdoors said...

I'm still working on my first one with a gun, let alone a bow. This will be my third year, and I'm hoping I finally have enough experience under my belt to put one down.

Congrats on your bird.